Vendor Permits

Vendors and customers exchanging fruit for money
A food and drink truck with people sitting outside

A vendor permit is only required if you are located within city limits.

Submittal Requirements

People serving food out of a food truck
  1. Food Vendor
  2. Merchandise Vendor
  3. Produce Vendor

Food Vendor Submittal Requirements

  • A background check is needed from the Police Department prior to obtaining a vendor permit. This is required every year, including renewals.
  • A Health certificate/License is required. You will need to provide a copy of the inspection from the Health Department showing proof of approval. Note: this is usually a yellow paper.
  • Fire Department / Fire Marshall Certificate (If cooking)
  • A Texas Comptroller Sales Tax Certificate is required. You will need to be registered with the Texas Comptroller in order to sell in the State of Texas. Get assistance registering with the Texas Comptroller.
  • Federal Business ID Number (EIN) / Social Security Number (SSN)
  • For each location at which you wish to operate, submit a Letter of Authorization from the property owner to the Code Administration Division. The property owner must match with what is on record at the Midland Central Appraisal District.
  • Submit the Vendor Permit Application
  • Fees: There is a one hundred dollar ($100) fee that will need to be submitted with the application. You may pay this fee in person or by filling out the credit card authorization form. 


Please email all the documents to Bianca Reyes or submit the documents in person at:
City Hall
300 N Loraine
Fourth Floor
Midland, TX 79701