- Code Administration
- General Contractors
To build or renovate properties in the City of Midland, contractors must be registered with the City of Midland. Contractor registration protects homeowners and the City from legal liability and ensures the structural integrity of our buildings. A bond of ten thousand dollars ($10,000) must be provided and approved by the City Attorney prior to any permits issued.
Apply with the Building Department
- Complete contractors bond application along with the contractor's information sheet.
- Once you have completed the contractors bond application and information sheet. The information must be emailed back to Permit Requests.
- We will provide the Building Official a copy of your contractor's bond application for approval.
- When the bond has been approved you will be notified via email, and we will provide the contactors bond packet that the City of Midland requires.
- Once you have received the bond you will print a copy and provide that to your insurance; they are responsible for completing bond.
- When the bond has been completed by the insurance company, the Permit Department will require the original signed and sealed bond to be mailed back to our office or dropped off at city hall.
- 300 N Loraine
Attention: Code Department
P.O. Box 1152
Midland, TX 79702
- Once the bond has arrived, we will get it to our Legal Department for signature, if there is an issue with the bond you will be notified via email. If no issues occur, you will be notified that you have been bonded with the City of Midland. At this time, you should be good to move forward for submitting permits.