Residential Permitting

A residential building permit is required for residential new construction, additions, remodeling/repairs, and detached accessory buildings. Most construction projects will require a licensed contractor who is registered with the City of Midland.

New Construction Submittal Checklist (PDF)

The structure of a house in the middle of construction

Additions Submittal Checklist (PDF)

Two story house under construction

Detached Accessory Structures Checklist (PDF)

A shed sitting along a fence

Alteration Repair Submittal Checklist (PDF)

Inside room of a house being painted


The property you are proposing to build upon must be platted and zoned for residential use. You must verify that the zoning of your land allows for residential use. For more information please contact the planning department at 432-685-7400.